For starters, please don’t send us a business plan! Most importantly, please keep it succinct; a concise pitch document is a good pitch document.
Again, we don’t want to be overly prescriptive but at a minimum we will expect some basic details about your company. These might include: a bit more detail of the area you’re startup is focused on, an explanation of your business idea/ hypothesis, a summary of your research into the competition/ alternative products, a short profile for each of your team and further relevant information about your startup (i.e. details of other investors/ shareholders who are not the founders etc.).
When describing your idea, you might think about including details like:
- Why you picked this idea?
- How you know there is demand for your idea/product?
- What is new about your idea/ product?
- What is your edge over existing products? What is it that you’ve spotted that will make your business win customers/ users that the market hasn’t?
- Your current target customer and user acquisition plan?
- What challenges/ weaknesses do you see in your business/ idea?
- How you plan to generate revenue from your business, and your best guess as to what you think the revenues can be in 3 years?